Cecily’s practice focuses on a range of civil litigation matters, including commercial litigation and class action litigation.
Before joining Tousley Brain Stephens, Cecily was an associate at the Perey Law Group, PLLC and served as a law clerk to Justice Charlie Wiggins of the Washington Supreme Court.
While in law school, Cecily served as Chief Managing Editor of the Washington Law Review. She was also a member of the Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Team and served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Robert S. Lasnik of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and the Honorable Bradley A. Maxa of the Washington Court of Appeals – Division II.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- B.A. in International Studies and Chinese Language, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Washington State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Involvement and Recognition
Publications and Presentations
Cecily C. Shiel, “A New Generation of Class Action Cy Pres Remedies”: Lessons from Washington State, 90 Wash. L. Rev. 943 (2015)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Public Justice – Membership Committee Member