Part-time Contract Business Transactional Associate / Minimum 2 Years’ experience
Tousley Brain Stephens PLLC, a Seattle firm with a national reputation for solving complex legal problems, seeks an associate with a minimum of 2 years of business transactional experience for a part-time contract position.
• Exceptional academic credentials, including a JD from an accredited law school, and currently admitted to practice (or eligible to be admitted to practice) in Washington State
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum two years of business transactions experience, with extensive experience drafting, reviewing, editing, and negotiating (second chair okay) commercial contracts during that time
• Ability to synthesize and reduce complex agreements into actionable decision points and recommendations, all consistent with client risk tolerance
• Basic working knowledge of IP law
• Ability to work independently and organize/prioritize multiple projects of greatly varying complexity
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel required; OneNote strongly preferred)
• Familiarity with IP licensing (inbound and outbound) and related transactions, particularly software licensing agreements (including EULAs), master service agreements, professional service agreements, and the like
• Experience working directly with sophisticated and demanding clients, particularly in-house counsel, with diminishing levels of oversight based on demonstrated competency
• General knowledge of tech industry products and trends, particularly related to the “Big 5”
Please send cover letter, resume, law school transcript and short writing sample to Kristin Stoddard at email@example.com.
Tousley Brain Stephens PLLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Tousley Brain Stephens is always interested in hearing from attorneys and staff that are highly qualified and interested in our practice. If you would like to discuss possible employment, please contact Kristin Stoddard at the address below:
Tousley Brain Stephens PLLC
Attn: Kristin Stoddard
1700 Seventh Avenue, Suite 2200
Seattle, Washington 98101-4416
News & Events
Three TBS lawyers named 2019 The Best Lawyers in America©Read more
Chase Alvord receives Fellowship in Construction Lawyers Society of AmericaRead more
Rebecca Solomon and Lauren Hillemann Join the Tousley Brain Stephens TeamRead more
TBS Represents Firstline Communications in Successful Acquisition of Access Telcom, IncRead more
Featured Article: Opportunity Costs of LitigationMore advice
Rodger Kohn outlines the differences between non-disclosure, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements that every employee and employer should know.