Kim Stephens presents “Finding, Preparing, and Using Expert Witnesses: Ethical Issues in Presenting Expert Testimony” for the Washington State Bar Association. An outline of the presentation is summarized below.
- Duty to Preserve Client Confidences (RPC 1.6)
- Conflicts of Interest and the “Tainted” Expert
- Ex Parte Expert Contracts (RPC 3.4(c) and CR 26(b)(5)
- Expert Witness Fees (RPC 3.4(b))
- Duty to Prevent False Testimony (RPC 3.4(b))
- Duty of Candor toward the Tribunal (RPC 3.3(a))
Find the attachment here.